Every once in a while, in the satellite dream, there will be no broadcasts. I can’t pick up anything- I just see the landscape that is underneath me, the mountains, the coastline. I can zoom the picture in, I can get closer, but all I see is world, not actions.
Sometimes I zoom in so far that I can see the lines in the dirt left by a tractor, by thousands of tractors, the ways in which they are interrupted by the boundaries of jagged creeks. I see the wind, the wind-formed dunes, the oil wells and the patterns they scar on the desert, the ocean, the wakes of boats, the wakes of islands. From above, the intertwined complexity of it all is so clear.
I see all these millions of lives, all of this infinite detail, this lacy intricacy that grows ever more granular the closer I get, then grows again, and again.
from Hacker News https://ift.tt/30ybArz
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.